..the power of photograph can make you travel to the other side of the world, to past moments, to somebody else's life and memories
or even to the important moments of the world history..

Sunday 5 October 2014

THEME OF OCTOBER: TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY IN ANDALUCIA


For most of the tourists Andalucia means Costa del Sol or Costa del Golf. For me it means something totally else: amazing landscapes and national parks, beautiful cities and small white towns - and also some overcrowded tourist destinations. 
White houses of Spain's Andalucia
White houses of Andalucia in miniature

Couple of years ago I was making roadtrip in Andalucia and then I was able to visit lot of interesting places where I would definitely like to go back one day. In next postings I will present few of the highlights of my roadtrip. I also visited some of those overcrowded tourist destinations and most of them gave me no good reason to go back nor any inspiration for photographs. But in overall I liked Andalucia a lot and next time I just need to schedule my visit differently, because July in Southern Spain is so hot that you are not able to fully enjoy those beautiful national and natural parks of Andalucia.

As a photographer Andalucia provides you lot of interesting opportunities – especially beautiful sunsets and blue moments. The colors there are quite amazing, but at least for me one challenge was that during most of the summer days there were no clouds in the sky. In photography I would prefer having few clouds in the blue sky - that just gives the photograph more character. But in the other hand – I also like challenges! Below you can find three examples how I have tried to solve the problem..

View to Cadiz old town, South of Spain, Andalucia and Atlantic coast
All blue in Andalucia


Colours and summer in Andalucia, Spain.
Colours of Andalucia
Tourist Kayaking in Nerja, Andalucia, Spain in Mediterranean Sea.
Tourists kayaking in Mediterranean Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment