..the power of photograph can make you travel to the other side of the world, to past moments, to somebody else's life and memories
or even to the important moments of the world history..

Monday 6 July 2015

THEME OF THE MONTH COLLECTION AND SECOND QUARTER OF YEAR 2015: STORY BEHIND MY FAVOURITE PHOTOS




My short creative summer break is over and it’s time to continue my photo travels. But before continuing to the theme of July, let’s summarize the second quarter of year 2015 shortly. Summary from first quarter of the year 2015 can be found here.



April’s theme was the photo essay from my visit to Dachau Concentration Camp. Visit in Dachau can be quite depressing and at least when I’m looking back to these photos from my visit, I’m able to easily dive into the same mood which I was experiencing during my visit in Dachau. I hope that mood can be seen and felt from my photos also by others. The pick of the month is taken when visiting in the Bunker and when looking through the lense it was way too easy to visualize in my mind what has happened in this place – and it still is. The photo is taken hand hold with my crop censor DSLR Canon EOS 450D and lense is Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. The settings in this photo are ISO200, 1/320 s, F/3.5. When post processing the photo I have used Lightroom preset Color Creative – Direct Positive as a base, but after that I have amended tones, contrast and colors. In addition I have also sharpened a photo.

Theme of April 2015: Travel photography in Dachau Concentration Camp, Bavaria, Germany



In May it was time to travel back to Croatia, this time to Split-Dalmatia County. My favorite photo from this theme was taken during my morning walk in the peaceful streets of Hvar town, in island of Hvar. Also this one is taken hand hold with my crop censor DSLR Canon EOS 450D and lense is Sigma 20mm f/1.8 EX DG. The settings in this photo are ISO100, 1/320 s, F/2.8. When post processing the photo I have sharpened it and amended tones, contrast and colors.

Theme of May 2015: Travel Photography in Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment